thyssenkrupp is an international group of companies comprising largely of independent industrial and technology businesses and employing more than 100,000 people. Across 56 countries it generated sales of €34 billion in fiscal 2020/2021. Backed by extensive technological know-how, the businesses and all employees develop cost-effective and resource-friendly solutions to the challenges of the future, especially in the fields of climate protection, the energy transition, digital transformation in the industry and mobility of the future. Under the umbrella brand thyssenkrupp, the group creates long-term value with innovative products, technologies and services and helps make life better for future generations.
With around 480 locations in over 40 countries, thyssenkrupp Materials Services is the biggest materials distributor and service provider in the western world. The broad service spectrum offered by the materials experts enables customers to focus on their individual core business. The area of Materials Services spans two strategic areas: global materials distribution as one-stop-shop – from steel and stainless steel, tubes and pipes, nonferrous metals and specialty materials to plastics and raw materials – and tailored services in the areas of materials management and supply chain management. An extensive omnichannel architecture offers 250,000 customers worldwide cross-channel, round-the-clock access to more than 150,000 products and services. A highly efficient logistics system ensures that all requested services are smoothly integrated into customer production processes “just-in-time” or “just-in-sequence”.
Copper and Brass Sales, a division of thyssenkrupp Materials NA, Inc., is the source in your supply base that provides you with the inventory management expertise and value-added processing services necessary to help you compete in today’s global market. With our comprehensive line of nonferrous metals and alloys, wide variety of precision processing capabilities, and a focus on customer service that is unmatched in the industry, Copper and Brass Sales earns our reputation as a leading metals service center with each and every order.
thyssenkrupp Supply Chain Services may be subject to the Federal Contractor Vaccine Mandate or the OSHA Vaccine or Test Mandate. If unvaccinated, you may be required to pay for testing every seven days under the OSHA mandate beginning 1/4/22. Please check your local area for testing costs and options. Religious and medical exemptions are available when applicable.
Provide timely delivery of product to our customers. Represent thyssenkrupp Materials, NA in a positive manner by providing customers with quick, precise, helpful, courteous and professional delivery service. Ensure truck is in proper working order. Perform various duties as required.
- Drive within GTA and Southern Ontario area.
- Radio Frequency Gun usage.
- Verify that correct items are loaded on the truck for delivery.
- Perform periodic inspections before, during, and after delivery to ensure that load is properly fastened down and is secure.
- Assist in loading and unloading of trucks. Ensure truck is properly secured and not overweight.
- Ensure that material is properly protected from the outdoor elements.
- Deliver product and proper paperwork to our customers in a courteous and timely manner.
- Ensure that any debris caused by the loading/unloading of truck is cleaned up.
- Maintain trucks overall service and perform required inspections.
- Complete all necessary paperwork at the end of the shift. May include, but not limited to, daily logs, inspection logs, delivery receipts, vehicle inspection, hours of service, etc.
- Operate overhead cranes and forklifts.
- Collect any COD money owed and ensure that money is given to the proper personnel upon return to the plant.
- Provide feedback to supervision regarding customer problems, mechanical problems, or delivery problems on returned proof of delivery sheets (load sheet).
- Participate, support and comply with all health, safety, quality, ISO and 6S Initiatives and requirements
- Perform warehouse work when and where required.
- Accurately remove and stock product, customer’s product, and various supplies according to inventory plan
- Accurately select product to fill customer orders and package them properly
- Picking, processing, packing orders and cycle counts
- Identify, hold and segregate defective material
- Complete paperwork per work instructions, when required
- Perform general clean up
- Train others when required
- Assist in any other duties to support the operation, as requested by supervisor or team lead
- Meets TKMNA Employee Attributes/Competencies
- Other duties as assigned
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirement for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
- High school diploma or GED
- DZ motor vehicle licensing
- At least 2 years driving experience
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a continuous basis
- 3-5 years driving experience
- AZ motor vehicle licensing