- Work with raw datasets, security technologies, and documented security processes to extract or infer data points of relevance to various models, creating data notebooks (e.g. Jupyter) to test your assumptions and formalize such transformations and processes as are necessary to create clean data outputs for use in cybersecurity.
- Create and author various data deliverables and documents, contributing actively as a specialist in R&D project work in the field of cybersecurity. You will empower our various efforts with data and insights we need – helping to keep our data consistent in meaning across our various efforts and identifying when we need to introduce new terms into our ontology.
- Work with data engineers, data scientists, and security practitioners to identify and source the data they need for new projects in machine learning, threat intelligence, and other applied security use cases.
- Become and act as a subject matter expert on data you work with, communicating about your data deliverables clearly in both technical documentation and in person.
To be successful in this role, you will need
- A masters or higher education in a scientific field or equivalent industry experience, where you have demonstrated and applied your analytical, technical, and data-oriented skills to create outputs conforming to some rigorous ontological standard.
- A keen interest in cybersecurity, ideally you are familiar with one or more cybersecurity domain data models and have some prior background or completed project work in any information security domain.
- Strong and demonstrated abilities for data work, data analysis, data science projects, and/or applying statistical or machine learning approaches to build useful inferred observations about data in applied projects that solve real-world problems.
- An ability to independently identify and propose opportunities for how you can apply your unique skills and background to solve problems and create security value.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills, with a proven ability to communicate complex concepts in layman’s terms and how your work brings value.
Why a Career with eSentire?
Our Culture: At eSentire we work in a collaborative and innovative work environment. We work with brilliant and passionate people who strive and encourage others to do their best. eSentire’s idea-rich environment welcomes creative and sometimes unconventional perspectives!
Growth Opportunities: At eSentire you will have the opportunity to grow and make an impact from your work. We encourage innovation in all who become a part of our team. With growing operations internationally, there is lots of lateral and upward advancement opportunities for rewarding and developing careers with eSentire. We’re strong believers in continuing education and provide the resources that you need to continue learning.
Employee Perks: Every day we provide breakfast, snacks and refreshments (at our Waterloo office), flexible working hours, half day off birthdays, subsidies for continuing education and health & wellness, and attractive compensation and benefits plans. We make it our obligation to the team to stay current with compensation trends in the tech field!
We thank all applicants in advance for applying. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
eSentire is committed to creating a fair work environment that is aligned with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We guarantee equal treatment and provide opportunities regardless of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these basis. If you have any accessibility requirements during the recruitment process, please reach out to our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org and any accommodation needs will be addressed upon request.